Hello! My name is Clifton Yeo, and I am a yoga instructor at Freedom Yoga.
Here’s a brief introduction about me: I’m currently fresh into my thirties - I started out 4 years a casual yogi, a serious yoga nerd for another 5, and an avid cyclist for the past 6 years.
Throughout my cycling journey, yoga has been a fantastic complementary activity that enabled me to:
1) Increase my flexibility and range of motion to get more power out of each pedal
2) Keep my muscles supple and improve my alignment to prevent injuries
3) Build core strength, improve my endurance, and feel less sore during and after long rides (especially that lower back!)
4) Breathe mindfully to maintain energy, and stay relaxed and focused on the saddle
5) Recover faster through active and passive stretches
Yoga has helped me to become a stronger cyclist, and I’d love to share 5 yoga poses to aid you on your own cycling journey!