Want to save time and money on constantly replacing your sports attire? Read this guide to do so.
Taking good care of your sports attire is important!
Doing so could effectively extend their lifespan and save you time and money replacing them.
Here are our top tips to do so - read on.
1b: USING A WASHING MACHINE
Opting to machine wash? Take some precautions for your sports stuff.
Synthetic materials such as lycra, polyester or elastane are very sensitive.
To avoid damaging your sports attire, the temperature at which you're washing your clothes should not exceed 30 ° C.
Additionally, remember to turn your clothes inside out to extend their shelf life.
Do not add fabric softener, as it affects the effectiveness of technical clothing.
1c: HAND WASHING
If you're pro-handwashing, here are some steps to follow to properly clean your fitness outfit:
- Pour 2L of warm water with half a cap of detergent
- Add the juice of a lemon and mix
- Let the clothes soak for a quarter of an hour
- Using a soft brush, rub the parts that most smell of perspiration (armpit, back, neck)
- Rinse and then hang up the clothes to dry them outside if possible
We hope that this article has been useful for you!
Scroll down to discover more sports maintenance tips from our experts.