Weekends and special occasions won't be a bore with this list!
Doing sports as a couple is one of the best dates you can go on.
Not only will you discover new things and keep fit together, but you can also help support and motivate each other, especially at times when one of you isn't feeling up to it.
Having the support of your partner is the best way to overcome any obstacle.
Read on for 5 underrated sports activities to do as a couple in Singapore, recommended by us!
If you're looking for an all-round body workout, stand-up paddleboarding (SUP) will do just the job. It trains your core, obliques, hamstrings, glutes, arms and more.
SUP is also the ultimate calorie torcher! Did you know you could burn up to 430 calories just leisurely paddling for an hour?
You'll feel better about rewarding yourselves with a fancy romantic meal after – you deserve it after all.
Who said fishing was just a men's sport? Both men and women alike can enjoy the benefits of fishing.
Here are some:
- Exercise (casting and fighting your catch is a workout in itself!)
- Get sunlight (vitamin D from the sun helps to regulate calcium and phosphate in your skin, which is required to keep bones, teeth and muscles healthy)
- Combats stress and anxiety
- Improves concentration and patience
- Increases self-esteem and resilience
- Builds strong interpersonal bonds
Jazz up your dates by trying something new with your partner!
Rock climbing is also a great sport to try for couples as you'll require at least two people at any one time to belay and climb respectively.
It goes without saying that rock climbing is also highly beneficial as a full-body workout. It tones your muscles and improves your overall strength.
But did you know that rock climbing also offers a myriad of mental benefits?
It focuses and eases your mind when you have to flash out routes, alleviates stress and boosts your confidence when you are able to complete a tough route, and clears your mind while you tackle puzzle-like choices.
In summary, it keeps you on your toes mentally, physically and emotionally! Try it together to see its effects on both you and your partner.
Camping and spending time in the great outdoors has countless benefits for all, from young to old. What's not to like about reconnecting with nature with your loved one away from the hustle and bustle of city life?
Here are some of our favourite reasons why camping would be a great idea on a special occasion:
- Stress reduction (leave all your worries and that packed calendar behind)
- Staying off-grid (time is yours and your partner's alone)
- Great food (food tastes better when it's cooked outdoors – trust us! Don't ask us why, but it just does)
- Improves communication & develops new skills (setting up tents, tying knots, cooking on a portable stove are essential skills that you'll eventually learn together)
Last but not least, hiking is definitely one of the best activities you could do as a couple.
For one, it's easy to prepare for. All you'll require is a pair of hiking shoes/boots, comfortable apparel, headgear, a backpack, and you're good to go!
You also have the option to pack some snacks for pitstops along the way. So the date can be a 2-in-1 special involving a hike and picnic (check out this guide for 10 top picnic spots we'd recommend in Singapore).
What's more, hiking is also a great way to learn more about your partner as you chat on long strolls. You'll have all the time in the world to discover about them while exploring new sights and sounds together.
It already sounds like the perfect date to us.
Now that you've got this list of ideas, go ahead and start planning your best date yet!