Do them anytime and anywhere!
1. Take a deep breath in and slowly bend your elbows out to the side as you lower your body toward the floor
2. Exhale and return to the starting position
3. Ensure that your movements are slow and controlled
Do 1 to 3 sets of 8 to 15 repetitions, depending on your fitness level
Simplified option: If you are unable to do a standard push-up, you may drop your knees to the mat.
This will help to take some weight off your upper body.
However, always ensure that your shoulders, spine and hips are always in a straight line when you are doing this exercise.
1. To start, inhale
2. While exhaling, lift your chest off the mat while keeping your belly flat on the mat. Ensure that your head, neck and chest remain in a straight line at all times.
3. Inhale and return back to the start position, slowly
Challenging option: While lying face-down, lay your arms on the sides of your body. Using only your back muscles, do the same exercise.
2. While exhaling, raise your upper torso to do a crunch
3. Stretch your right hand out to reach the outside of your left ankle
4. Inhale and return back to the starting position
5. Exhale, do a crunch, and reach left hand across your body to the outside of your right ankle
Simplified option: Place your feet on the ground with your knees bend. Complete the same movement but with your feet grounded.
1. Ground your toes and lift your hips
2. Neutralize your spine
3. Maintain a straight line from your feet to the top of your head
4. Squeeze your glutes and abs
Simplified option: For more stability, bring your feet wider than hip-distance apart.
1. Inhale and bend your knees, pushing you buttocks back
2. Put your whole body weight on your heels
3. Exhale and stand up while contracting your glutes
Simplified option: Hold on to a railing or your bed frame lightly as you squat. This will help you to stabilize throughout this exercise.
1. Bend your knees to 90°
2. Lift your left leg, while keeping your foot relaxed
3. Return back to starting position, slowly
4. When you are done with the right side, rollover to your left side and repeat the process for your right leg
Challenging option: Do this with some ankle weights to increase the difficulty.
1. Lift your hips off the mat, to create a plank
2. Squeeze your glutes as you lift your hips
3. Return back to the starting position while still contracting your glutes
Challenging option: Squeeze a pilates ball between your knees as you do your bridges.
1. Bring your right knee to your chest
2. Return to starting position
3. Bring your left knee to your chest
4. Return to starting position
Challenging option: Make this exercise a little more challenging by putting on ankle weights. This will give your glutes a better workout.