Can't go to the gym? Check out this home workout plan to continue your workout regime regardless.
In juggling work, family and friends, how can we possibly find time and money to go to the gym?
Keeping ourselves active is crucial. Not only will it help us keep fit, but also boost our brain function and energy, keep our bones and joints strong, and prevent muscle loss. It also helps to improve digestion, reduces stress, depression and anxiety. It can even help to reduce the risk of cancer! With that being said, there's no reason not to stay healthy and active.
So, we’ve put together a home workout plan to squeeze a little exercise into your busy routine. All you need is a little motivation, and you’ll start seeing the results soon.
- Decide which days or times of the week you want to do your workout and add the session to your calendar – and stick to it!
- Dedicate space to workout. You can’t work out with distractions around you. So make a space that is conducive for you!
- Put on your gym outfit. Just because you’re at home, it doesn’t mean you can’t dress for the occasion. Comfy and stretchy activewear are easier to move around in too.
- Put on some heart-pumping music. Listening to music while exercising doesn't just make it fun, it can help improve the quality of your workout too, by increasing your energy and improving your mood. The lyrics or catchy beats of your favourite music will inspire you to exercise longer or work harder during your exercise routine.
- Work out with a friend or partner, virtually or not. Working out with them can be a healthy form of competition. Do a group video call and motivate each other!
If you're new to working out, it is best to start out by completing a thirty-minute workout at least three times per week. It would also be ideal to do these home workouts on alternate days so that your muscles have time to recover. Over time, gradually lengthen the time, intensity (speed/weights/reps), or total number of days you exercise in a week.~
Follow this simple home workout plan and you’ll soon see your hard work pay off. Most importantly, enjoy yourself while exercising!